Monday, October 10, 2005

Fall is in the air....

The weather has changed and you can practically FEEL the season in the air! On Friday, I picked the kids up from school (it was book fair, so I went up a little early so they could pick out a couple books). We drove by and picked Chase up and off we went....
I will not say it was easy dealing with all 4 of them by myself at a place that oozes autumn excitement, but we managed...lol.
The place I took them (we just call it the Pumpkin Patch), is just a farm house on the side of the road with a fenced in yard and acres of farmland behind it...



The man and woman who own it are as nice as can be. We have been going there since Lane was little. It is a bit of a drive (about 40 min from our house), but tradition is tradition and it was the first pumpkin patch we ever took Lane to...The owners always help gather up the pumpkins you want and before you leave each child gets to pick a baby pumpkin out for free (it is only worth 50 cents a piece, but the kids get a kick out of having their own baby pumpkin). They have all the pumpkins in rows, the rows are determined by size/price ranging from 50 cents clear up to $8 (50cent pile, $1 row, $2, $4, $6, and $8). I always let the kids pick out their own pumpkin and, depending on the price of their "main" one, they sometimes get to pick out a few...

Lane always (even when he was a toddler) takes forever picking out his pumpkin b/c he goes in with a definite idea of what he wants...this year it was from the $8 row and I will agree, it was a very good choice...he said he wanted it b/c it was a different shape and had "character"....lol what 10 yr old looks for "character" in a pumpkin?!

Elijah always takes forever b/c he picks the first one he sees, then sees the one next to it, then the next one, and the next.....lol....well he finally decided on a 50 cent one so he got to pick 2 more from the $2 row (I know, the math doesn't add up, but he was happy with what he got so I didn't argue)....

Chase is more picky than Elijah, but less than Lane...he looked around for a bit and found a nice round one in the $4 row and then picked another from the $1....


Tink, a true girl's girl, walked (yes WALKED!!!) right up to the biggest orangest one in the $8 row and put her hand on it, looked at me, and gave me the biggest 2 toothed grin! I took pics of her with it.

I got several pics of Tink and a few of the boys (they are not as into letting me take their pic as they used to be...lol). The owner had just brought a trailer full of pumpkins up and let me put Tink on the pumpkins to take her pic...

Before it was all over I had spent $30 (I also got a bale...bail...shoot, however you spell that...of straw) and had a trunk full of pumpkins and straw and 4 very happy kids!

We came home, dropped our stuff off and headed to Target to find a costume for Lane (we found what Elijah wanted at Wal-mart, but they didn't have any for Lane's size)....yep it was a full day of seasonal fun! Lane found just the costume he was looking for and in the process of looking for his we found a little witch costume for Tink...She was supposed to be Pebbles for Halloween (she probably still will be for the costume contest, but I got this one so in case it was too cool for the other one during trick or treating). The costume was on sale and when we got it home and put it on her OMG it was cute! Sooooooo.... of course I had to set up all of our treasures from the pumpkin patch and get some pics (I waited until Saturday to do that though, b/c it was dark when we got home Friday...it is getting dark earlier and earlier...woo hoo!).....

Mike was upset that I spent $30 on Fall stuff but after seeing the pics I think that most people (or at least most MOMS) would agree that I could have easily paid twice that for just a couple of pics that turned out like these! I hope you enjoy them! For those of you who know me, you probably know the link to my photo album, so you can go there to see all of them if you like!












Hope these pics helped you get in the Fall spirit!

OH YEAH, Happy Bday Trix (yesterday!)

and

Happy Thanksgiving to Michelle! (and of course all my Canadian mommas!)

1 comment:

lisa said...

Hey girl,

You're doing about as well as me at updating your blog! It appears fall is nearly over here as all the leaves have been blown off their branches and clear across the city. I hope everything is well with you. You absence has been felt and you are missed.

lisa (aka electricblue)