Saturday, July 14, 2007

Thought for the day....

I was listening to Joseph Prince on t.v. last night....he was talking about how to stay healthy with what you eat, how to follow God's plan for eating and things like that ;)....but what got me was something that was said during a "commercial" for his ministry....it said "Boast of the LORDS love for you, not of yours for Him".....
wow...i will repeat it...
Boast of the LORD'S love for you, not of yours for Him...

How often do we go on and on telling people how much we love the Lord for what He has done for us?...it is not a bad thing!, but if you think of it in the context of that quote, how much more glory would be given to Him if we instead say "God loves me so much that yesterday He (fill in the blank)".....He pays attention to our desires just as He pays attention to our needs!....He loves us so much that He will do (and has done) more than we could EVER imagine!...not because we love Him (He wants us to do that, but He literally has a "host of angels" that do nothing but praise Him and love Him eternally), He does it simply because HE loves US!!! isn't that amazing?!

I was SO hurt yesterday by not getting a "thanks" or any recognition for some things I had done for a few people.....my heart was heavy and my spirit began to wither and become ugly.....as this little tiny minuscule splinter of resentment made its way from my head to my heart, it began to fester! yes! just that quick! and that darn little splinter must have had barbs and was slightly organic because it began to take root!!!!.....
I confided in a friend who knows the hurt I was feeling because she has been in the same environment...as I was venting to her, feeling great for "knocking" these people who hurt me, I started rereading what I had typed..."Ya know...it is not that I expected them to really DO anything to reciprocate, but a simple 'THANKS'" would have went a long way..." and "I do this over and over for them, yet not ONE of them has given me the same respect?!".....and suddenly it was like God was talking to ME!!!!!.....INSTANTLY my heart began to soften and gently, slowly, yet still a little painfully, that splinter was being rejected by my heart! being pushed up and out through what I had said, and what God had said to me.....
looking like a goober, tears welling up in my eyes, suddenly it all made sense (just as my friend had told me "EVERYTHING you go through God has something to teach you from it...what is HE trying to teach YOU through this?"....)
So many times He does things for us, just to help us out, just to make our lives a little easier, just to help us save face....and how many times do we forget to purposefully take the time to just look up and say "hey thanks...i appreciate it..."
not some long drawn out thing, but a sincere "i noticed what you did for me today....thanks"
and with our loved ones? hubby may not get every last spot up off the counter after supper, in fact he might not get hardly any of them up, but every ONE he did get up is one less I have to....or your hubby may not have remembered that you like this show or that show, so he turns on the game instead.....but he is at home with you right?....
take the time to sincerely thank God today....and to thank those around you who do "little" things that really are done just for you and those they love....
i know i am thanking God for all the "little things" He has blessed me with because if I didn't have them, they wouldn't seem so "little"...thanks

1 comment:

Reecy said...

Fantacy, I left you a comment on Friday's blog a little while ago. I looked around your blogs to see if you had an email addy showing anywhere but didn't see one. My addy is bluetopaz25@gmail.com
Hugs.
Reecy