Monday, March 12, 2007

10 Things.....

sigh, this weekend was not so great in relation to keeping up MY goals :(...Mike and I had a huge meltdown friday night that bled over to saturday morning...I do see his side (I ask questions like a 2 yr old...meaning "but why?"..."ok yeah, but why?" and until i feel like my question has been answered satisfactorily or completely i don't stop...) and I see my side of course, that the only way I feel like I can come to any conclusion is to get a complete answer and the only way I know to get a complete answer is to ask more questions! You could see how this could easily cause a vicious cycle that would leave both of us worn down and fatigued and how that could easily get our focus off of God and allowing HIM to work through us...I ask a question, Mike "sorta" answers in my opinion (one word is a sufficient answer in his opinion as in many men i am sure), so I ask another question about the answer to the first question, he answers but with attitude so I ask what the attitude is about he says it is b/c i ask the same question over and over I say its b/c i can't get a complete answer he says ....well you get the idea...eventually I am left standing there enraged and crying and he is totally ticked off and has said things that he "doesn't mean"....sigh anyway that was how our weekend started off...friday and sat were really really hard for me and I was completely focused on me and my hurts and my fears and it spilled over to my kids even :(....
BUT remember that in Psalm 30 that it says "...weeping endures for a moment, but joy comes in the morning..." (actually tomorrow's blog will probably be on Psalm 30, good stuff I tell ya!)...well my weeping endured for a day but joy came on Sunday morning thanks to another spot-on sermon and fellowship with our church family AND thanks to Michael...so, I know I had more than one "unloving" thought toward Mike friday and saturday so my blog today is 10 Things I love about him....(I was going to do 100 to make up for all the hurts and anger I felt toward him, but didn't figure you all would want to read 100 of them, but trust me, i have thought them *smiles*)...
What I love about Mike (not in any particular order and definitely not a complete list).... 1. He is a great provider financially...he rarely misses work, and does what he can to provide all the things we need and want...a lot of men refuse to work, or leave the main providing to the wife... 2. He rough houses and plays with the kids every day...whether it is wrestling with the boys on the living room floor or tucking in one of Tink's "babies" he always takes time out of his day to purposefully play with the kids, a lot of men plop on the couch and shoo the kids off like flies, but not my man... 3. Mike does 97% of the laundry in the house, i mean washing/drying/folding/putting away...I am not joking...he doesn't leave dirty socks or underwear strung all over the place, in fact he reminds the kids and I not to leave dirty clothes laying around...yeah, how many guys do the laundry for a family of 5? mine does *smiles* 4. He has gorgeous eyes...I love the color of his eyes esp when he is being (or getting ready to be) mischeiveous...they just sparkle! (he has brown eyes btw) 5. He is a "fix-it" kinda guy...he has taught himself to do minor electric work (which is by no means MINOR considering the time it takes to do it right), he has completely redone the basement walls that had to be torn out (not the concrete walls, the plasterboard ones)...he has learned to paint/paper/trim walls...he has laid flooring and is getting ready to redo our kitchen floor...he has installed cabinets and is getting ready to install more at the end of the month... 6. He is organized whereas I am not...for the most part he knows where everything is b/c he usually puts it all back...which leads to my next thing 7. He pays all the bills and keeps track of all our records...he keeps the checkbook balanced, the bills paid up, and makes sure that all our important papers are in order... 8. He twirls his hair...lol yeah actually twirls it...esp when he is stressed or thinking...also that is how i know that he is showing me affection, he will twirl MY hair if i am near him...and i LOVE it... 9. He goes to church with us...usually (not always but a lot of the time) if he is not working, he goes to most services with us... 10. He is involved in the "taxi-ing" of our kids from one thing to another...if he is not working, he usually is the one to make sure lane makes it to most of his "appointments" as it were...tae kwon do, guitar lessons, fitness certification class...and he will with both boys when baseball season starts...
Like I said, you may look at that list and say "um huh?...none of those are THAT important...." but I can guarantee that those are things I would horribly miss if he didn't do/have them!!!
My goal for this week is to keep up with my 3 goals from last week (cleaning, working out, no nagging....meeting his needs) AND to add the goal of every time I think/say something negative about him, I have to think/say 2 nice things....if i just think them, then just thinking the nice things is fine, but if i say something that does not edify, but instead tears down my husband to someone else (even something minor like "ugh he gets on my nerves") then I need to verbalize to THAT person 2 positive things for every 1 negative that i spoke...I will do this in a way that is not like "crud, i said this so now i HAVE to tell you..." instead if i say "ugh he gets on my nerves" then I will say "oh yeah, mike took us out to lunch yesterday...I didn't ask him if we could, the kids didn't ask him if we could, he just said how bout it"....get the idea?
also, i am adding another goal...that is to try to not say anything hatefully to him "you never....you always....why can't you....I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID...." instead when i feel my blood pressure rising and my blood boiling I will say "I love you..."....i won't argue with him, i will just repeat it "I love you Mike..." even if i have to say it 200 times, I am going to try to respond to any feelings of anger/hurt/disappointment i might have with "i love you"....we are to have authority over our feelings and through God we can!
praying you all have a great monday!!! love and hugs!

No comments: