Thursday, March 15, 2007

prayers needed...got any?

it has been a few days since I last posted a blog. I have not done well at all in sticking to my goals this week :( and i really need some honest hard prayers...
I can really feel myself struggling again...struggling not to feel depressed....struggling not to be angry and self focused...struggling to focus on God and not mike....the thing that bugs me the most with it all is that i KNOW that if i just keep my focus on God and on His will that i will be joyful again!...that is where i need your help...will you come together in agreement with me that God is going to once again reveal Himself to me so that I can continue doing His will?...Also, in my flesh, I cry out and question what is going on that mike does not seem to feel or care what God thinks about any of this? I sometimes feel like God has stepped away for a minute and that things just are not getting better....
having said that, i realize that it is me, not God, who has stepped away...I just need a boost, a sign, a prayer SOMETHING to let me know that God's will is taking hold in my marriage...please pray for me....

Psalm 31:9 and 10 says
9 Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress;
my eyes grow weak with sorrow,
my soul and my body with grief.
10 My life is consumed by anguish
and my years by groaning;
my strength fails because of my affliction *(or guilt)*,
and my bones grow weak.

but verse 22 describes me best at this moment...
22 In my alarm I said,
"I am cut off from your sight!"
Yet you heard my cry for mercy
when I called to you for help.


I realize that this is just a time that b/c of my own spiritual lack of maturity, I have momentarily lost sight of Him (like when you were a kid and couldn't see your mom/dad in the midst of a crowd, and even though they were directly beside you, you begin to panic b/c YOU lost sight of THEM...but since they had never taken their eyes off of you in the crowd, when you cried out they reached out and picked you up...) so pray that I refocus soon, that as I am crying out (and you are crying out in agreement with me) that God will reach down and pick me up and reassure me that He was there the whole time....

so my prayer? That God will reveal Himself to me again in such a way as to let me know that I am in His will (I kinda feel like i must be b/c it seems that the enemy is coming at me full force)...and that God will reveal to Mike what a wonderful man, husband, and father he has the capacity to be if he will submit to God's will...he IS a really good man, husband, and father, but I know through prayer and study that God has SO much more in store for Mike if he will only allow God to do what He desires in our lives...Last but not least, i am praying for my kids to see the blessings that God provides for those who are faithful to Him and to His word and His commands so that when they come up against things that seem hard, they will choose God's path as opposed to what seems like the path of least resistance...can you be praying in agreement with me on these things? it says in Matthew 18:19-21 that
19"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.
20For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."
will you be my "two or three?"....
I love all of you...

No comments: