Saturday, March 03, 2007

Clarification about my blogs...

I may blog later on my Bible study from this morning, but before I go any farther, I want to clarify something that I am really feeling badly about...
I do not want any of you to think that I am saying,or have said at in point (even in my OWN thoughts) that if you do not do the things I have talked about then you are not a good Christian woman/wife/mom...that is not at all what this blog was intended to do....in fact I am really struggling wondering if the things I am saying should be said at all...I know that what I am saying in these blogs is what God has put on my heart...I know that what I am saying in these blogs is the only thing that is saving my sanity and possibly my marriage....but i NEVER want to be a stumbling block for someone else by making them feel belittled....
Please pray for me today that God will help guide me in this....I don't want my blessing to be someone else's sore point, I was simply ecstatic about what God has brought to fruition in my life and wanted to share it in hopes that if any of you are dealing with similar things, it would help...
God has literally brought my marriage back from absolute hopelessness...
For those of you who don't know, He did this after spiritual, mental, emotional, physical affairs, He did this after weekend upon weekend of drinking, He did this after a seperation that was actually put in place to devour my marriage, He did this after Mike had said "there is no hope" and after I thought it over and over...For those of you who don't know my marriage was over except for the paperwork, and I do not say that lightly....
Biblically I was given an ALLOWANCE to leave my husband, give him a certificate of divorce and go on with my life with our kids....I probably would have found someone else eventually and maybe have been just as happy as I am now in most ways...Mike and I both could have "went on with our lives" and I know that the kids and I would have been "just fine".....but by the Grace of God, and by our willingness to say "we want God's will....or at least we WANT to WANT it..." our marriage is slowly (sometimes too slow to really see, but none-the-less still moving) becoming what it should be....and not just on my end...but I can say that in the beginning (and I think Mike would attest to this, if not hun, you can tell me and I will remove this blog) it was my willingness to turn MYSELF over to God and do what He says in His word that put the wheels to reconciliation in motion...as He began changing me (and continues to change me) I was able to say to mike "i love you no matter what" but that came AFTER God made me apologize to him, love him, and say "I am going to be the wife I know God wants in order that Mike can become the husband I know God wants him to be".....I thank God daily that He convicted me of that...This blog is not meant as a cure all or as THE definitive answer...that is between you and God....if anything I have said is unBiblical, or taken out of context please tell me...I would never intentionally lead anyone astray....i love all y'all...

No comments: