I am still praying on how to proceed with my blogs, but I am getting a sense of peace about it too and feel like I will most likely continue the Bible study/accountability thingy for those who want to read it :)....I have gotten a lot of positive feedback and I spoke with my pastor concerning my worries and he said he would continue to pray...I asked him (as he has a masters and is very educated in Biblical teachings, greek, hebrew, and aramaic) if there are other words for "submission" as there is with "love" thinking that MAYBE I could find a less "aggrevating" way to approach our roles as wives....guess what? nope....no easy way out on this one for me....so if I step on your toes or hurt your feelings with my blogs PLEASE understand it is not intentional, but also that it is not completely me...I am not saying I have all the answers, but i can say without any doubt whatsoever that the Bible does...if you disagree with something I say, please show me where I am errant and I will look into it Biblically...
I am NOT focusing on the men's role in the marriage b/c that is not between me and God...the ONLY thing between me and God is the wife's role...I am not going to be the one standing before God answering for my husband's actions, he is...I can however choose to be happy and to show my kids that we CAN be happy no matter what our circumstances are IF and ONLY if we put our full authority/faith in God...
IN any army there is a chain of command....does that mean that a private is less important on the front lines than a Sgt? or that a Sgt is less important than a General?.....no way...as Candace Cameron Bure says on her site, if we had a military full of Generals it would be CHAOS!!! the chain of command even pertained to Jesus Himself whilst He was on earth!!! "Not my will by my Father's"...
Did the people love Jesus and treat Him kindly as He was beaten beyond recognition?...uh well that question answers itself doesn't it?...He loved the church and sacrificed ALL for it even when it persecuted Him....THAT is how our husbands are supposed to love us...show your husband that....it is in Eph. 5 also....you can show him, but realize that we are NOT responsible for his behaviors, on judgement day he will have to answer for his family...not us...he will have to answer for his actions, not us...he, as the husband is responsible for his family and their spiritual/physical/emotional well being and God will hold him to that....but He will also hold us to what He demands of us through His word, are you willing to look at him and say "i just couldn't deal with it anymore, i didn't have the time to give it to You and trust You...." or are you going to look at him and say "well what did my husband do?! how did he live up to what you told him?!"...
what do you do if you catch your older kids picking on the younger ones and they say "well they started it?! they they they!!!!"....we tell them that it is not a valid reason for disobeying us....
I have heard people say "well I am miserable, my kids are miserable, my spouse is miserable, we just shouldn't be together"....trust me, no kids, no wife, no husband could have been much more miserable than those in my family...but as I have began working on ME and MY relations hip with God, my children have begun to grow also....they have learned to pray through things (although they ARE kids, so they are going to fight and fuss and such) and they don't get as depressed and angry as they did....I am happier knowing that I am in God's will so that reflects in how i react to my kids...
wow this is not just a lil one...anyway, for tonight/today think about everything you say to your kids....good or bad....when you tell them "this is what I told you to do...do it" and they get defiant and say they don't want to imagine how it makes God feel....we say and think "i have given them everything they have and they are THIS ungrateful?!"...wow, God gave us everything we have AND everything HE has!!!!! how ungrateful and disobedient have we been this week?....how can we expect our children to do what we know is best for them, when we don't do what God knows is best for us?....
ok that is my thought for the day...
OH and I have succeeded in several of my goals this past few days and it is working!!!! Mike and I have had a few lil disagreements that could have overflowed into the rest of the day/evening but we both stepped up and acted like adults, Christian adults, about it and it fizzled out SO fast...
some of you are thinking "yeah well HE acted like an adult, my husband won't..."
mike didn't for a long time after God started dealing with me on it...I would go to mike and say "why do you do this?! you KNOW how bad it hurts me and you KNOW it is wrong"...his response would be "Because I am a full grown man fantacy, and I want to...that is why, i don't have to answer to you for it".....that was his attitude over almost everything....so yeah, i know how it feels, and yeah it hurts like h*ll but I trusted in God and now (MONTHS later I am just now seeing SOME fruition to my submission to God and to my husband.....).....marriages take time to get in a mess, and sometimes take twice as long to get back on track....but if we are in God's will, it will be worth it!
Love all y'all!!!
oh yeah, this pic is of us a couple days ago (Wednesday to be exact)...keep in mind this is a couple who were in the process of working toward a divorce...he already had someone else, had moved out (after I did much to perpetuate the situation mind you), and had said there was NO hope for us....so do you still think God can't work in YOUR marriage?...do you think your situation is worse than ours was?....if so, pray about it....pray for God to reveal to you what He says in His word (not to answer YOUR prayer...not to give you what YOU want...but what HE wants and says)....it is a hard thing, but it will work if you let it....


No comments:
Post a Comment