:)
Actually first I want to thank anyone who was praying for me after my last post...prayers were starting to be answered the next morning as a matter of fact!!!
Have you ever had so MUCH blessing you get overwhelmed?! I had that happen the very next day (last thursday)...
As everyone knows I have been doing an ongoing study in what God wants of me as a Christian, Wife, and Mother....in essence what He wants of me so that I can be what He wants me to be to those around me :)....but I got so caught up in the technicalities that I almost forgot that He loves ME ME ME ME ME just as much :)....I was focusing so much on having to know that I can be joyful in any situation, that i forgot to be joyful!
Thursday morning I woke up, prayed, got the kids on the bus, and settled in with my "Finding the Hero In Your Husband" book and my Bible....before i even started reading I had this nagging in my heart to go get a book i bought several months ago (The Power of a Praying WOMAN)....I have already read "The Power of a Praying WIFE" so i just kinda set this 2nd book aside thinking "how different can it be?!...i mean really c'mon, it is by the same author, and praying is praying right?...." wow how could i have been any more wrong!!!
This book is all about praying for ME and MY NEEDS! (which i still stand firm, and this book reiterates it, that God is all we NEED...people and things are not here to fulfill our needs, they are here to help us be whole ONLY through God's leading!)....anyway I didn't even get all the way through the intro of the book before i was so overwhelmed with AH HA moments and such a sense of being important to God and loved beyond measure!...I had to stop taking notes, thank God for His revelations, and then put my studies away b/c I couldn't process it all!!!.....
I am now feeling better and finished up the intro this morning and wow....that is all i can say...wow.....ok yeah well ok that is not ALL i can say b/c i plan on sharing some of the "ah ha" moments with you :)....
How often are we like Mary (Luke 10) when we need to be like Martha?Mary rushed around the house cleaning and preparing for Jesus' visit...she got flustered and anxious and all worked up...when Jesus got to the home where her and Martha lived she became furious with Martha b/c Martha stopped what she was doing and sat at the LORD's feet...."Jesus!!! aren't you going to tell that lazy sister of mine to get up and clean instead of sitting there at your feet doing nothing?!"....(ok this is very paraphrased if you can't tell :P)...Jesus answered her by telling her that Martha had it right, why be anxious and run and run and run trying to do what we think we MUST do to prepare for Him when the FIRST step to preparing is listening to Him and just loving Him....
Now Jesus did not tell her "sit here and never do anything but sit..."....and I am sure that Martha had plenty to complete after her initial time with Jesus when He arrived....but she did not let herself get worked up over it....
For me this story just reminds me that when i am getting flustered and overwhelmed doing what the Bible says to do for myself and everyone else in preparation for His visit and eventually His return, I need to stop and sit at the feet of the One who is there!
Ok i will stop there for today even though that is only the FIRST thought in the study from the other day....lol...
I love you all and would love to hear of any studies or "ah ha" moment you have had this last week :)
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment